Kindness Cards 2022
Kindness Cards 2022
Love Lives Here CDA, a program of local nonprofit organization Human Rights Education Institute is organizing a volunteer activity to foster positive community connections: Kindness Cards. Kindness Cards are a way to spark appreciation and acknowledgement to many community members, as well as foster positive communication connections with members of our own neighborhoods.
In 2021 the Kindness Card project was facilitated by Civic Engagement Alliance and Love Lives Here CDA and targeted community members heavily affected by the Covid-19 pandemic. This year, with help from Idaho Community Foundation’s Project Neighborly grant, Love Lives Here CDA seeks to encourage our community to explore the question, “How can we become better neighbors?” Not only will we be delivering kindness cards to community members who may need to hear from us most, but every volunteer who signs up will fill out five cards to deliver to their own neighbors. We hope this activity cultivates positive community connections and gives volunteers an opportunity to be a great neighbor.
The Kindness Cards Project is designed to be collaborative with community partners. We are looking for card recipients and volunteers to ensure that Kindness Cards are made and received across our community.
Already signed up and looking for updates? We’ll be in touch with futher information after the sign up period ends on October 4th. Thank you for your patience!
KINDNESS CARDS PARTNERSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
1) VOLUNTEER TO WRITE KINDNESS CARDS
- Our goal is to deliver 5000 Kindness Cards! We are seeking 200+ volunteers to fill out an average of 15-25 cards. We will fully create card kits with instructions that will be ready at your chosen location and participation method. Completed cards will be dropped off or delivered before October 22nd for delivery on October 24th or 26th by our volunteers. Each volunteer will deliver 5 cards to their own neighbors!
- This year volunteers can fill out cards in one of three different ways. To ensure a kit is ready for you, you will need to sign up and select your preferred participation on the sign up form.
- In-person at one of four event locations on October 22nd. Locations include:
- Human Rights Education Institute (414 W Fort Grounds Dr, CDA) anytime from 11 am – 3 pm
- Hayden Public Library (8385 N Government Way, Hayden) anytime from 2:30 pm – 4:30 pm
- Post Falls Senior Center (1215 E 3rd Ave, Post Falls) from 8:30 am pm – 11:30 am pm
- Rathdrum Public Libary (16320 ID-41, Rathdrum) anytime from 11 am – 1 pm
- From the comfort of your own home by picking them up from the Human Rights Education Institute during open hours on October 11th or 12th, then delivering them to a one of two drop box locations.
- Have your cards mailed to you! Please note: This comes at a high cost, we request particiants only select this option if it is necessary for participation.
- Volunteer groups and service clubs can partner with us by helping write the Kindness Cards.
- Thanks to a grant from Idaho Community Foundation and our sponsors, participation is completely FREE!
2) CARD RECIPIENT ORGANIZATIONS
- We are seeking 25+ card recipient organizations that employ, serve, or house community members who would benefit from Kindness Cards from their community ‘neighbors.’
- As a recipient organization, your contact person would let us know the number of cards to make (lists of names are not needed) and any special instructions. We would deliver or mail a box of Kindness Cards for them to distribute to their employees or residents in whatever way works best for them.
- After the event, as an added bonus, Kindness card recipient partners can help spread kindness by sharing photos of the received cards on their media platforms or by emailing them to us.
Interested in receiving cards for a deserving community group or organization? Please email email@example.com.
This project has been funded by a Idaho Community Foundation grant and our amazing sponsors.
If you are moved by our program’s mission and want us to continue this volunteer work, general donations can be made online here or checks can be written out and mailed to:
Human Rights Education Institute
Attn: Love Lives Here Program
414 W Fort Grounds Dr,
Coeur d’Alene, ID 83814
Thank you to our sponsors!
Thank you to our Card Designers!
Erin Bailey, Ashley Mitchell and Ali Orjala.